Carbon footprint

The carbon footprint of an organization is the total amount of greenhouse gases emitted by direct or indirect effect through its activity.

CORES calculates the carbon footprint of its headquarters using the guide and the calculator published by the Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, which includes scope 1 and 2 emissions.

Scope 1 emissions are direct greenhouse gas emissions. In CORES’ case, they come from the fuel consumption of its own vehicles as well as other controlled vehicles, and in addition to, leaks from air conditioning and/or refrigeration equipment that use greenhouse gases.

Scope 2 emissions are the indirect emissions associated with the generation of electricity consumed by the organization.

t CO2 eq 2019 2020 2021 Structure 2021 (%) VR (%) 2021/2020 VR (%) 2021/2019
Scope 1 14,88 7,80 0,86 3,7% -89,0% -94,2%
Scope 2 30,56 19,15 22,32 96,3% 16,6% -27,0%
Total 45,44 25,95 23,18 100% -14,0% -49,0%

In 2021, CORES' carbon footprint was 23.18 t CO2 equivalent, with 3.7% coming from scope 1 (vehicle travel and refrigeration) and the remaining 96.3% from scope 2 (electricity). This represents a decrease of 14% compared to 2020 and 49% compared to 2019. This mainly derived from the reduced use of vehicles over which CORES has control and the fact that air conditioning refrigerant gas recharges were not carried out. The Corporation will keep track of these parameters in order to control its carbon footprint.


To reduce the carbon footprint, CORES publishes its reports and publications in digital format

2021 Activity report (ES)
2021 Activity report (ES)
It includes CORES' carbon footprint calculation